The REsilience programme has developed a a series of Gateways - a range of materials to support teachers in tackling controversial issues which may arise in RE lessons.
Each Gateway document responds to key questions:
- Why is this a contentious topic?
- Why is RE relevant to this topic?
- What classroom challenges might arise in RE?
- How can teachers address such challenges?
Each Gateway also gives suggestions for further reading and resources.
There are four sections - each reponding to a section of the Self Evaluation Questionnaire:
- Section 1: KEY QUESTIONS AT THE HEART OF RELIGIOUS CONTROVERSY
- Section 2: TEACHING AND LEARNING ABOUT CONTENTIOUS ISSUES
- Section 3: MANAGEMENT ISSUES
- Section 4: CURRICULUM ISSUES
Click here to see an index of all Gateways.